A very traditional week in p7b

On Monday we held our Burns Supper in the hall:

Ellie: “I enjoyed the Burns Supper and there were loads of guests. At the end we sang Auld Lang Syne. I liked the mashed potato best.”

Kendal: “My favourite part of the Burns Supper was singing Auld Lang Syne at the end because it was fun.”

Lauren U: “We ate haggis, neeps and tatties. My favourite was the tatties even though I don’t ususally like them!”

Kieran: “I want to say thank you and well done to the junior choir and Adam for their brilliant performances at the Burns Supper.”

Lauren C: “I enjoyed doing the dancing even though I think I failed a bit. We danced Strip the Willow and I totally forgot how to do it!”

Chloe: “I enjoyed doing the Strip the Willow because it was really fun and I really like dancing.”

p7b: “Thank you to Mrs White and Mrs Murray for all their hard work preparing and cooking the food.”

On Tuesday we attended the transition ceilidh at Bathgate Academy:

Kai: “I enjoyed the ceilidh. Before we went I felt like I didn’t realy want to go but I regret that because I enjoyed it so much.”

Kieran: “The class done well with the dancing. At one point when I was dancing I looked at my dad and he laughed and it made me laugh too.”

Lauren U: When we were dancing Strip the Willow myself and Kyra had to demonstrate for everybody else in our set how to do it.”

Lauren C: “I enjoyed it up until we had to dance with someone from another school. Even though the pupils from the other schools seemed really nice I wasn’t all that inrigued to dance with them.

Jack: “I liked how they demonstrated the dances before we did them because I had forgotten how to do some of them.”

Taylor: “I didn’t like the ceilidh because I don’t like dancing, especially when we have to do it with a stranger!”

Adam: I think that my group in Strip the Willow got a bit confused at one point!”

Who has impressed?

Kieran: “Callum has impressed me because he almost beat his best score in Big Maths. Mrs Innes too because she is organising lots of shows at the same time even though she’s not feeling very well.”

Kendal: “I’m impressed by Lauren C because she beat her best score in Big Maths. Well done to everybody else who beat their score too.”

Ellie: “I’m impressed by Kendal because she got the MVP for P.E. for January.”

Antonia: “Lauren C has impressed me this week because she stood in at the last minute for the Reply To The Laddies and did really well.”

Lauren U: “The whole class impressed me by getting the drama award for January.”

Taylor: “Flyn has impressed me by reaching step 4 along with Kendal and myself.”

Lauren C: “My table impressed me because even though we didn’t win table of the week we were good sports and took it very well.”

Flyn: “I’m impressed with Antonia because of how hard she worked to deliver the JRSO letters quickly this morning.”

Mr Berginis: “I was proud of the class for how they behaved at the both the Burns Supper and the Academy Ceilidh. Well done!”

2 thoughts on “A very traditional week in p7b”

1. Hi Primary 7b,

I really enjoyed the Burns Supper on Monday and was very impressed with all of the speakers, singers and dancers. You did a great job and the invited guests were also very impressed with how well you all did. The ceilidh at Bathgate Academy sounds like good fun too.

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Henderson

2. i can remember when we had our burns super! it feels like a life time ago now I’m in S2! looks like you all had a lot of fun! 🙂