P3b

This week we started watching the online story of George’s Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl. We are really enjoying it so far!
For story writing, we made our own medicine recipes for George’s grumpy Grandma. We included ingredients, measurements and verbs such as mix and stir to describe the method.
We then decided that we want to change our role play area into a secret science lab. We discussed objects we would like to see in this such as; potion bottles, magnets, books and a computer to write up experiments.
This week we started making Christmas crafts for the school’s Christmas fayre in two weeks’ time. We made Rudolph cards and decorated tea light holders. We look forward to selling them.
We also revised the names and properties of various 2D Shapes. We then worked with a partner to create a range of shapes using art straws. Some of us made trickier shapes like pentagons and hexagons. Next week we will explore lines of symmetry.

Miss Bollen and P3

One thought on “P3b”

1. Hi Primary 3b,

I love George’s Marvellous Medicine as it is a great story. Maybe some of you could bring your potion recipes to show me this week. The science lab sounds like a great idea. I’m looking forward to seeing it up and running.

Have a great week, everyone,

Miss Henderson