Class 3’s Maths Mission

In Class 3 at Maths Mission we measured the playground to see how big it was. We used a trundel wheel and walked around the perimeter of the playground. We worked as a group and found out that the perimeter is 65 meters. (Caitlin)

At Maths Mission we were measuring the perimeter of the playgound. The perimeter is the outskirts of the playground. When I done it on my own I measured 84 meters. When we done it as a group it measured 65 meters. In the future I would like to measure the full playground. I think it would be 300-400 meters. (Geordie)

We took our Maths outside this week. Our mission was to measure the perimeter of the playground. We used a trundel wheel to measure. It was 65 meters. I didnt really like this task becasue I prefer doing my Maths work inside becasue we can play Maths games. Although, I think we could play some Maths games outside one day for Maths Mission, which would make it more fun. (Callum)

One thought on “Class 3’s Maths Mission”

1. Hi Class 3,

Your maths mission sounds like amazing fun and a great way to learn all about measuring. Maybe you could measure the whole playground and see if Geordie’s estimate is right.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Miss Henderson