Where is the Bear? P1l

Hello Everyone

We had a great day yesterday at the Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh.

We were all very excited when we got on the bus and it didn’t take to long to get there.

We began the day in the Education Room which was like being inside a big tree. We learned about S.W.A.F which stands for Shelter, Water, Air and Food which are the things we need to survive. We also heard about Edward Bear who was hiding in the woods and it was our job to follow clues and find him.

We started our quest looking for Edward in the big garden and learned about how people are chopping down trees where bears live and it is making the bears angry and sad.

Then we went on a Rainbow Chip hunt looking for plants to match the colour of our chip. We walked through the woods finding clues from Edward as we went. We were very good at answering his questions and we all remembered what S.W.A.F stands for.

Eventually we found Edward Bear, he was guarding our packed lunches and thankfully hadn’t eaten them.

After lunch we went back into the gardens and put all our new knowledge to the test when we built magic islands using S.W.A.F to help us.

We had a great day on our trip, Mrs Leamy was very proud of us and there were lots of tired boys and girls on the way home.

3 thoughts on “Where is the Bear? P1l”

1. Hello there 1l!

I have loved looking at your photos and hearing about the exciting trip to the Botanics. Now I know what S.W.A.F. stands for from reading this post on the blog. You’ll need to tell me a bit more about building your magic islands. This sounds cool. I’m glad Edward the bear was guarding your lunches rather than eating them!

Have a great weekend,
    Mrs Spence 🙂

2. Hi Primary 1l,

Your pictures are brilliant and I really enjoyed seeing all of the activities you took part in on your day out at the Botanics. You certainly packed lots of activities into your day and look very tired on the bus home.

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Henderson