P2g and P2e Stirling Castle Trip

On Thursday P2e and P2g went on a school trip to Stirling Castle. We have been busy learning all about castles and were very excited to visit a real castle.

We explored the castle and we got to visit the great kitchens. We were able to name lots of the different kinds of foods they would have had at a banquet. We visited the banquet hall and some of us got to sit in the thrones at the table. We visited the palace and explored the rooms belonging to the King and Queen. In the palace we met a man who looked after the castle for the King and a chambermaid who served the Queen. They told us lots of information about the King and Queen.

We also had a workshop where we learned more about castle life. We got to see clothes and weapons used during medieval times. Rhuan and Ben dressed up in the jester costumes. Miss Elliot and Mrs Haddifon think they suited the boys perfectly! We also got to see the different armour that a knight would wear. We all tired to pick up the chain mail but it was really heavy!

We all really enjoyed our visit to the castle and would love to go back!

It has been a very busy term and Miss Elliot and Mrs Haddifon would like to thank all the boys and girls for working so hard and thank you to all the families for supporting the children throught the term.

Hope you all enjoy the holidays! See you in 2 weeks!

6 thoughts on “P2g and P2e Stirling Castle Trip”

1. Hi Primary 2e & 2g,

I’m so pleased to hear that you had a lovely time at Stirling Castle. It’s a great place to visit and I’m glad that you were able to visit a real castle after all of the work you have been doing in your classes.

Have a lovely holiday, everyone. See you next term.

Miss Henderson

2. materials found around the house,

jessica has found 13 different materials around our house, she has enjoyed doing this and learning what things are made from, great activity.

3. I had great fun at Stirling Castle! My favourite part was going to the kitchen. I also saw the King’s and Queen’s thrones!