Drama in Ancient Egypt!

Primary 3W thought it would be a great way to finish off our Ancient Egyptian topic by performing a Drama and recording our performance. We will try and post this on our blog next week!

Sophie – First, we wrote our script and thought of 3 scenes. These were:

Scene 1: Tutankhamun’s life

Scene 2: Mummification

Scene 3: The weighing of the heart ceremony in the afterlife

Eva – We printed out our script and everyone got a part and their own script. I am Narrator 3.

Ty – In Scene 1 I am Narrator 4. My script says:

“King Tutankhamun was only 19 years old when he died.”

Noah – I am in Scene 2 and I am Worker 1. I have to pull out the brain from the mummy’s nose! Ewwww.

Jennie – In Scene 3 I am the God Osiris. He is the God of the dead and afterlife. I get to welcome Tutankhamun into the afterlife.

Caitlin – I am in Scene 1 and Narrator 2 and my script says:“Tutankhamun was only 9 years old when he became pharaoh. As he got older he gained more responsibilities. He even got married!”

Rory – Tutankhamun’s nickname was King Tut.

Sam – In Scene 3 I play the God Ammut. Ammut eats up people if their heart is heavier than the feather because it means that you have sinned in your life.

We have all been practising our lines very hard and are even taking these home to learn for the final performance next week. We have been working on costumes and prop ideas and it is all very exciting. I hope you all learn your lines and I know you will do great!

-Miss Wilson 🙂

6 thoughts on “Drama in Ancient Egypt!”

1. Hi Primary 3w,

The work you have been doing on your Egyptian performances sounds very interesting. If you let me know when you are filming Ill try to pop into your class to see some of your performances. It will be great to show off your learning on the blog so that everyone can have a look at how much you have learned.

Keep up the good work, everyone.

Miss Henderson

1. Hello Miss Henderson,

We are going to record our final performance on Wednesday afternoon around 1:20pm. We hope you can make it and look forward to seeing you 🙂

-P3W

2. Hi Miss Wilson,

I think I’m free on Wednesday afternoon so will pop along to see the filming. Thanks for letting me know when you are doing this. I’m looking forward to it.

Miss Henderson

3. We have tried uploading the video a few times now but still having difficulties as it is such a huge file! Hoping to get this sorted soon. Very sorry about this everyone.