P4b

This week was very busy!

In Maths we were able to give directions using distance and compass points. We started work on division and found that it is the opposite of Multiplcation! Some us are working on subtraction and we found that is the opposite of addition! Lots of opposites.

We have started exploring the ‘Cybercafe’in the ‘Think you Know’ weblink. We looked at how to research safely and using key words. We then also researched facts about India and added our page to our project book. In music we learnt about the beat and rhythm.

In topic we had lots of fun! We learnt some Bollywood dance moves and were able to use these with a song called ‘Chaiyya Chaiyya’. We loved this and were very good at picking up the moves. Some of the moves had strange names like windscreen wiper and horse move – Mrs Ghafoor renamed it the gallop beacause that’s what it looked like!

We joined P4g and were split into three groups. Each group got the chance to do each of the following activities. With Miss Goff we learnt about the Taj Mahal, With Mrs Jamieson we learnt how to cook a chappatti and then we got to eat it with potato curry, With Mrs Ghafoor we got to dress up in traditional Indian clothes – both boys and girls clothes, we designed our own henna pattern and if we wanted we could get that on our hands or we could choose a pattern from the book. We also got the chance to speak with Mrs Ghafoor’s mum who was in Pakistan. She answered a lot of our questions about life in Pakistan. Pakistan and India share a lot of cultural aspects. Some of our questions were hilarious but completely valid.

What’s the environment like?

What’s the weather like?

What is load shedding?

What’s the capital of Pakistan?

What’s the national dance?

Have you ever ridden on the top of a train or bus?!!

Can you answer the questions?

A big thank you to Mrs Cameron, Mrs Noble, Mrs Jamieson and Mrs Clark who helped us have this fun and exciting afternoon.

10 thoughts on “P4b”

1. i loved doing the dance.my dad put the song on at home and he STARTED TO LAUGH I dont like it.i still love the dance. MRS GHAFOOR IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Last week was the best week ever! I loved Wednesday when we got split into three groups to try all the activities. The curry was delicious and hot! Chapatis were tasty too. We made sunset pictures of the Taj Mahal and they were cool. I loved getting the henna on my hand and getting dressed up. Thank you!!

3. I had a great week in school. I loved having a henna design on my hand. I asked my mum where I can buy some henna! Thank you Mrs Ghafoor, Miss Goff and everyone who helped make topic time fun!

4. I showed my sister the dance but she didn’t really get the idea all she done was jumping but I don’t blame her because she is only 4.

5. when I showed my henna to my sister and my little cousin they said WOW! what is that I said it was henna they said it was heena but I don’t blame them as they are 4.

6. I loved doing the dance. I also enjoyed doing the Kaaba. I loved getting my henna design on my hand.
    Thank you Mrs Ghafoor for a fantastic Indian week.