Hello from P1l

Hello Everyone

Lots happening this week, Mrs Leamy was sure she actually saw smoke coming out of someones ears because their brains were working so hard.  We have all moved on in maths, some of us have been looking at number facts for 5 and some have been looking at subtraction.  We have been using cubes to help us with take away sums and we learned the take away sign. 

In our Superheroes topic we looked at villains, we looked at how they look and thought of words we could use to describe them. We all created our own villain and described them.  We followed this up by looking at how sometimes in real life people can not be very nice and how this makes other people feel.  We then got rid of our worries by drawing them on a ‘worry bag’ and let go of them with everyone elses.

We also started to look at the alphabet and have started to practise writing some capital letters.  We know that names and days of the week have a capital letter.

Next week we are going to the library on Monday and doing the Sport Relief Mile on Thursday.

Bye for now from P1l

3 thoughts on “Hello from P1l”

1. Hi Primary 1l,

It sounds like your brains have been working really hard again this week with lots of exciting and fun learning going on in your class. The superhero villains sound brilliant and I’m looking forward to seeing them when I’m in your class on Monday. The worry bag sounds like a great idea.

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Henderson

2. I liked the idea of the worry bag and sending your worries away I hope P1L are on their way to being “worry free”.

3. I liked the idea of the worry bag and sending your worries away I hope P1L are on their way to being \"worry free\".