Spelling home learning

This week we have been challenged to write a story using our spelling words which have the ea sound.

One day I went to the SEASIDE for some HEAT.  I saw my friend Johnny, we played in the sea for a wee while.  Then we went to get lunch, in the queue we MET a strange looking spider,  It was SPINning a WEB on a LEAF.

I said ‘Who are you?”

The spider said ‘WHICH boy are you?’

I said ‘ My name is Tobin and this is Johnny.  Would you like to join us for a cup of TEA?’

‘No thanks’  it said ‘I’m a spider.  I would prefer a fly, do you have any?’

‘No I don’t have any.’  I said and we EACH had our lunch.

By Tobin

8 thoughts on “Spelling home learning”

1. I was talking to a friend on the WEB. I said, do you want to have a SPIN on the merry-go-round? Yes he said so we MET at the SEASIDE. I like the HEAT at the beach!

We EACH had a cup of TEA and watched a LEAF WHICH was flying towards me and my friend. Can you guess WHO it landed on?!

By Jamie 🙂

2. Hi Primary 3h,

Your home learning sentences using ea patterns are very good. This is a great way to practise your spelling. Well done.

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Henderson

3. One day I MET Finola at the SEASIDE with our dogs, Max and Ben WHO love EACH other. They chased a LEAF into the sea. After we walked on the sand we went to get some TEA and HEAT up . WHICH cake should I get? There were lots of spiders WEBs. Then when I was finished, I went to the roundabout to have a SPIN.

By Emma Bell

4. The witch is at the SEASIDE to have fun. She MET a friend for TEA. They went to the cafe for a HEAT. They had a cake EACH. They saw a sider SPIN a WEB. WHICH witch saw it first? A big LEAF blew in. WHO opened the door said the waitress?

5. One day after I had finished my TEA, I decided to take my dog Stuart a walk. I put on his LEAD and as a TREAT took him to the SEASIDE WHICH is his favourite place.
    Stuart met two of his doggy friends, William and Susan WHO EACH had a big LEAF in their mouths. The HEAT was too much for them and they were using the leaves as a fan to keep cool.
    Stuart couldn’t find a leaf but he found a bag of WHEAT. This didn’t cool him down so the three friends jumped in the water and had great fun splashing around.

By Noah Young.