P5d

Pupil of the week – Sasha Brown

Table of the week – Giggly Gang

We have had two birthdays this week – Dave and Jordan who are now 10 years old!

In maths this week we have been building on what we learned about shapes and now we are able to identify angles in different shapes.

Through our topic on Victorians we have been learning how to write instructions to make toys. Some of us found it a bit tricky and we soon realised that if we miss a step out then whatever we are making won’t work so it’s important to think the task through.

We made a toy theatre this week. The class were really enjoying the task and Jay was very imaginative  and  even made a backdrop for his one!

In music we are continuing our work on the classical composer Johannes Brahms. We have been comparing the lullaby he wrote with his piano concerto. After a lot of discussion about the similarities and differences of the two pieces we realised that although they are both different they are also both waltzes. Ava and Sam danced to both pieces of music to demonstrate this.

Sorry there are no pictures this week to accompany our blog but it would seem I had the camera on the wrong setting !

Have a great weekend.

11 thoughts on “P5d”

1. Hello 5d,

I enjoyed seeing your mini theatres and I liked Jay’s idea for the backdrop which could be changed from day to night. The work on Brahms sounds interesting and it seems like you’ve been using your thinking skills to look for what is the same and what is different with his musical pieces.

Happy birthday to Dave and Jordan who are now into double figures.

I hope you all have a good weekend,
    Mrs Spence

1. Hello everyone

I’m really enjoying the shapes and angles in maths and learning about the Victorians. I can’t wait for the new Lanark trip.

Hope you all enjoy you’re weekend Ava Coyle

1. It’s nice to hear you are enjoying maths Ava. I am really looking forward to New Lanark as well as I have never been before. I hope you’ve had a good weekend.

Mrs Drummond

2. Hi Primary 5d,

Your mini theatres sound really great. Ill pop into your class next week to have a look at them. I’m very impressed with your learning in music and how much you are learning about similarities and differences between two different pieces of music. Vivaldi’s Four Seasons always makes me think of people dancing at a ball. Maybe you could listen to it and see if you agree.

Happy 10th Birthday to Dave and Jordan.

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Henderson

1. Funny you should mention Vivaldi Miss Henderson as our music lesson this week is based on that very piece! I am sure you will be impressed with our theatres.

Mrs Drummond