P4b

Our week flew by so quickly – it’s Monday again!

We researched interesting places to visit in Edinburgh and completed our posters which will tempt tourists to come and visit Edinburgh. We then used this knowledge to write postcards as if we were on holiday in Edinburgh! We also looked at how newspapers are set as we’ll be writing our own news article this week.

In maths we are still busy learning our maths facts and we are getting better and quicker. Today we got to play on our giant, floor grid. We played in teams and had to ‘connect 4’ to win. It was great fun.

In art we created a sponge sea backdrop for our silhouetted Nessie. They look really cool.

Bye for now.

8 thoughts on “P4b”

1. Hello 4b,

Have you ever used the news paper articles from ‘The Daily What’? This is a great resource you can access through glow and it might give you some model pieces of writing for discussing before you write your own news articles this week. I’d recommend you have a read.

I do like your Nessie pictures. The effect with the sponged backdrops works really well to outline your Nessie creatures.

Have a good week,
    Mrs Spence

1. Hello,
      We did use the ‘Daily What’, before we wrote our newspaper articles!
      Please come round to read our articles.
      From P4b

2. My mum said she thought the Nessie paintings looked fab when she saw them at the camp meeting. She was also really impressed with our giant 3D map! I like the new connect 4 grid reference game!

3. I have enjoyed making the large map and playing the grid reference game. It has been great fun learning about Nessie and I really liked writing my newspaper article Nessie The Great.

4. I really enjoyed making my poster. Me, Millie and Lucy did a good job of our poster. We used lots of colours and detail. Everyone else in the class did a fantastic job of their posters too!