P3W crack the code!

We found hieroglyphic messages hidden in the school! We worked in groups to try and crack the code so we could translate the messages.

Caitlin – One of the codes was: “My dad is a farmer and he works hard.” Another code was: “I have two sisters and one brother.”

Sophie – One code was: “My name is Mahu. I am ten. I go to school.” Another code was: “My brother left home two years ago.”

Noah – The last code was: “Can you help me find my lost brother?”

Ross – The hieroglyphics were really fun!

We also found out lots of facts about the River Nile and how it was used by the Ancient Egyptians!

Tom – We found out that the River Nile was used for camels drinking out of it.

Ty – The River Nile was flowing over 4,000 miles (6,400 km).

Eva – The River Nile can be used to clean your shoes, body, clothes and hair.

Abbie – The River Nile goes to the Red Sea and also the Mediterranean Sea!

Liam – It also is used for having a bath, catching fish to eat, drinking out of, and lots more!

We are looking forward to working with Mahu to help him find his long lost brother and also finding out more about Ancient Egypt!!

8 thoughts on “P3W crack the code!”

1. Hi 3w!

I see some of your work on hieroglyphics on the wall outside the classroom to share and display your learning. It’s very exciting and a bit of a mystery to hear from Mahu. I bet you could come up with some brilliant questions to ask him about life in Ancient Egyptian times.

Perhaps you could post some here?

Have a lovely weekend everyone,
    Mrs Spence

2. Hi Primary 3w,

I enjoyed reading about the mystery hieroglyphics that have appeared around the school this week from Mahu. I’m going to visit your class on Tuesday to see what kind of questions you can come up with to ask Mahu about his life and I’m really looking forward to it. Keep up the good work, everyone.

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Henderson

3. I am so glad that we are all enjoying this topic so much! We have had lots of fun learning about Ancient Egyptian life and people. Today we learned even more about the different jobs Ancient Egyptians had.

Can anyone remember what the 5 jobs were that we talked about? Remember our Social Hierarchy! ….

I look forward to any replies 🙂 Raffle tickets will be rewarded!!

– Miss Wilson

4. I’m really enjoying my project.I went to the museum in Edinburgh .I looked at the Egyptian section. I took lots of photos. It was fun.