P1l The Isle of Struay

This week we have been looking at the Isle of Struay and we have created part of it in our classroom.

Our first task was to work with a partner to create one of the houses from the island.  We tried to include lots of detail from the pictures we had.  When we started our topic Alfie asked what kind of animals might live on the Isle of Struay. On Tuesday Mrs Leamy asked us what kind of animals might we see round Bathgate and as well as lions and chinchillas we thought maybe squirrels, foxes and rabbits.  We then had a look at the animals that Katie Morag might see and we found out she could see puffins, otters, seals and even basking sharks.  We drew them and added them to our display and we are sure you will agree it looks great.

We also thought about the weather on Struay and how it would effect people getting there.  We used the internet to look at the weather in Bathgate and on the Isle of Coll.  We found out that often it was warmer on Coll but also windier.

Bye for now P1l

2 thoughts on “P1l The Isle of Struay”

1. Hi Primary 1l,

Your Isle of Struay display is brilliant and shows clearly all of the houses on the island. Ill have a good look at it when I’m in your class on Monday. Mr Macdonald is coming to visit you on Tuesday to tell you all about when he lived and grew up on an island which I know you’ll enjoy. Maybe he will be able to help you to answer some of your ‘I wonder…’ questions.

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Henderson

2. I have been watching the Katie Morag programmes with mum on the iPad and telling her all about Katie and her grannies. I enjoyed making the house with Miles and Alex.