P1l Back to School

Happy New Year from P1l

It is great to be back at school and hear about what everyone has been doing in the holidays and it seems that Santa Claus visited everyone’s house 🙂

We started the year with a new topic looking at the Katie Morag stories.  We began with a task called I see, l think, l wonder where we looked at some pictures of a Scottish Island and shared our thoughts.  Some people wondered things about the island like what kind of animals live there, which we will try and answer during the topic.

We also drew pictures of Katie Morag and we had to work on including lots of detail.  We took our time to look at a picture from a book and then tried to put all the things we could see in our own drawings.  Our pictures were amazing, Mrs Leamy couldn’t believe how much our drawing skills have developed already.

With Miss Henderson in R.M.E we looked at the story of Noah’s Ark and we are going to be working on the story for a few weeks, ending with our assembly on the 7th February.  Please put this date in your diary as it would be great to see lots of mums, dads and family there.

In maths we are continuing with addition and this week we look at the number facts for 6.  We found out there are 7 different ways you can make 2 numbers add up to 6.

We had lots of fun outside on Thursday for our P.E slot, it was a lovely afternoon and some of us even took our jumpers off! We were practising travelling around obstacles, following people and stopping really quickly. Let’s hope the weather stays as good for next week.

Bye for now p1l

2 thoughts on “P1l Back to School”

1. Hi Primary 1l,

You’ve had a really busy first week back at school. I wonder what you will enjoy the most about your new topic? My favourite Katie Morag story is Katie Morag and the Two Grandmothers. You did really well learning the Noah’s Ark song with me and I’m sure your families will love hearing you singing it at your assembly. You were also fab at learning the music songs on Thursday.

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Henderson