Maths and Music in Class 1

Maths

We have been working very hard with Miss Cameron at maths time.   We have been learning to read our monthly calendar and locate specific dates and events.  Miss Cameron taught us a new song to help us remember the order of the months of the year.   We enjoyed singing our song for Mr Welsh, who was very impressed!

Congratulations to Cameron, who got a certificate this week for his fantastic work at maths time.  We are all so proud!

Music

We have enjoyed learning a new song ‘Who Can it Be?’  We try to do all of the actions and sing in time with the music.   We love to record ourselves singing as a group and then watch the video on the SMARTboard.  This helps us to see how great we are at singing as a group and recognise actions that we need to practise. 

We have also had fun using the Skoog this week; we enjoy selecting our own instruments and creating our own music.

We have been listening to some classical music and spoke about how certain songs make us feel.  Cameron and Joe’s favourite piece is ‘Symphony No 5 (Beethoven)’.   David likes listening to ‘Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy (Tchaikovsky)’ it makes him feel happy. 

Reflection Time

We have been thinking about what makes us happy at school.

‘I like to make certificates for my friends.’ Cameron

‘I like to write a card for Miss Cameron.’  Jayden

One thought on “Maths and Music in Class 1”

1. Hi Class 1
    I really enjoyed hearing your months of the year song. I have been singing it to help me remember too.
    I would really like to hear your favourite songs on the Skoog. Would you be able to show the boys in class 3?