P5m: Learning Never Tasted So Good!

This week we began our Chocolate Geology focus. Geology is the study of our planet, Earth; how it was made, what it is made of and how it has changed over time. Chocolate Geology is just the same but all the learning is done through chocolate! This week we explored what was inside the Earth by examining a creme egg and learned how mountains were formed using Oreo cookies. Tidying up after Chocolate Geology lessons is always very tasty!

From The Blog Post Box:

This week I learned…

…how tectonic plates can slide apart from each other or one can slide under another. This is how mountains are made. Lily
…why earthquakes happen.
Aaron
..that if you cut the Earth in half you would see three parts, the crust, the mantle and the core – a bit like a creme egg! Eva
…how to play Highland Cathedral on the drums. Craig
…how to add Hundreds, Tens and Units. Erin M
…how to play basketball. Scott

9 thoughts on “P5m: Learning Never Tasted So Good!”

1. very interesting. I remember a long long time ago now learning all about the crust,mantle and core but I had forgotten all about it till you reminded me Lilly. Can I come in and learn with you all! Enjoy

2. It is soooooooooooo fun learning about the earth so far but doing it with the chocolate was even better. my sister was jealous that we all got to eat chocolate and she didn’t. Lucky us

3. Hello 5m,

I am free to help tidy up after chocolate geology. I think I’d be quite thorough. Did you know P4b have been working on chocolate too? They could share their learning about the history of chocolate with you and you could teach them a bit about chocolate geology to let them see what they might learn next year in P5.

Mrs Spence