Our week in P6M

This week in maths the Hexagons have been learning about addition and subtraction of 3 and 4 digit numbers.  The Pyramids group have been using our new i-pad minis to practise our mental maths skills 🙂 The Spheres have been learning about time and have been using smartboard games to help.  We learned about what constellations are and we learned that they are like dot-dot pictures in the sky.  The stars are not connected but appear to be so in the sky.  Some constellation names are Leo the lion, Hercules, Pegasus and Andromeda.  We also found out what our astrological signs are!  We made our own telescopes and we chose a constellation to view through it.  We wrote constellation stories where we chose our heroes and villians.  In French this week we learned about flags from different countries and we helped to make them for our Day of European languages.

Achievements this week-

Melissa and Rachel are starting Orchestra!

Findlay has moved up a level in golf!

Millie is going to hold back the tears….she is starting at a new school 🙂

Jamie is joining a pipe band!

Katelyn has nearly completed level 2 in baking!

Have a great weekend!

10 thoughts on “Our week in P6M”

1. What a busy week P6m. I’m so sorry I missed Millie’s last day with us but know that she’ll love going to Windyknowe too – good luck Millie!
    Some other great achievements this week P6m – keep up the great work in school and out! 🙂

2. We had a lot of achievements from the start of p6. The weeks what have gone have been lots of fun. Millie is rely missed ! .
    from Laura -:)

3. hiya everyone, missing balbardie and everyone in my old class except andrew lol, getting on fine at my new school made loads of friends