THIS WEEK IN P7b

It’s been an exciting week in p7b and we’d like to share with you two of the things we’ve been up to:

SEAFOOD WORKSHOPS

We attended a Seafood workshop up at Bathgate Academy. Here we learned about how seafood makes its way from the sea to our plates, how fish can provide Omega 3 to make our bodies healthy and how fresh fish is prepared and filleted. We even got to sample some types of fish which for some of us was a bit of a challenge!

Abbie Meg.: “I enjoyed trying the smoked salmon. I’d never had it before and didn’t think I would like it but it was nice!”

Ali: “My dad is a fisherman so I had tried a lot of it before but it was good seeing my classmates getting to try it all.”

Adam: “It was delicious  to try the fish and I learned lots of new stuff about seafood. I learned how mussells are farmed in underwater ropes, interesting!”

Kyle: “The journey of fish from the sea to your plate was really interesting.”

CHOPSTICK CHALLENGE

On Thursday we held a chopstick challenge in class. We have been learning about Chinese culture with Mr Chen and one of the things he has taught us about is chopsticks. We did a mini challenge last week with Mr Chen and wanted to have another chance so we did our own class challenge. We had to pick up pasta, peas and beans which were all different sizes and shapes and we had to strategise which to go for as they were worth different point values.

Sophie: “It was really tough but it was good fun!”

Jack: “It was great fun and the butter beans were really hard to pick up!”

Rhona: “It was a really fun way of learning how to use chopsticks.”

Ross: “The peas were hard to pick up but we made sure we got the most because they were worth the most points.”

One thought on “THIS WEEK IN P7b”

1. I am pleased the Seafood Event was a success – it also let you go to the Academy again and begin to get your bearings for next year. A highlight of my week was reading your Scots poems – extremely well written and very funny!