A special visitor to p2

This week we had a very special visit from the author Matthew Fitt. He read us the story of The 3 Billy Goats Gruff which he had translated into Scots language. We also learned the names of some animals in Scots and sang ‘Heid, Shooders, Naps and Taes”. It was lots of fun.

Cameron “I learned the words for head, shoulders, knees and toes in Scots.”

Noah Y ” I learned een is the Scots word for eyes”..

Lauren I learned a selkie is a seal.”

We have also been learning more our senses. We learned about the different taste buds on our tongue and did some tasting of some different solutions of water. We also did some smell testing and talked about smells we like and smells we don’t like.

In reading we have been learning how to take notes from a non-fiction text. Mrs Gallagher and Mrs Waddell were really impressed at our first attempt at note taking.

*** Pupil of the week *** Katya was pupil of the week for learning the dance routine for our special show in March. Well Done Katya!

One thought on “A special visitor to p2”

1. Hi Primary 2lg,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit from Matthew Fitt this week. His books are really very funny. I am glad your first session on note taking was successful. Keep practising and I’m sure you will get it just right. Well done, Katya on being Pupil of the Week.

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Henderson