The Shrinking Boy Story

Out of school hours, I (Lewis Gemmell) have been writing a story about a boy, who woke up shrunk. I would like to be an author when I am older. I am hoping to publish this story later and Miss Anderson and I have been editing it together. I am very thankful for Miss Anderson’s help. I have 19 pages and Miss Anderson reckons about 7000 words. It took me about a month to do and I think I am nearing an end.

Here is a little bit of the story from chapter 1. I hope that you enjoy it.

Hope that you enjoyed reading it.

Lewis.

9 thoughts on “The Shrinking Boy Story”

1. Lewis, I always enjoyed reading your stories in primary 4 and this sounds like another gripping yarn! Well done and keep it up!

Miss Brodie

2. What a fantastic achievement, Lewis! You should be very proud of yourself. You have obviously been working extremely hard.

I loved hearing your second chapter in class today. It would be great if I could read the whole story before I leave.

Well done,

Miss Walker

3. Miss Brodie, Lewis has written an absolutely fabulous story. I’m sure that he would be happy to share his story with you, and your class.

Miss Anderson

4. What a fantastic achievement Lewis! I am really looking forward to reading your work once you have completed the editing process. I’m sure Mrs Mooney would love to read it too as she is a very keen writer too!

5. Lewis has been working on his story in the evenings and weekends – we’ve been allowed to read each chapter once it was completed, but it’s all his own work! He loves writing and I’m sure that this is the first of many stories to come! Well done Lewis 🙂

6. WOW!! Lewis I am so pleased to hear that you are writing your own stories and that you have been spending your free time working on it. Your family will be really enjoying getting to read each chapter as it is finished. Maybe we could investigate sending it to a publisher to see if they would be interested in it?

Well done. I am so looking forward to reading the final book:)

Miss Henderson