This course aims to build on the work completed during the S2 Music Technology electives whilst also developing the required skills for progression into National 4/5 Music Technology in S4.
S3 pupils have two periods of Music Technology each week and cover a course following the structure below:
August – October Break
Music Technology Skills
This unit is designed to develop practical knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Audio input/capture skills
- Effects & processes
- Project 1 – sound design for a short animation clip. This will involve planning, implementing, recording progress and process, and evaluating in detail.
- Pupils will explore and develop understanding of a variety of basic Music Technology terminologies to reinforce the skills they develop in recording and using Cubase.
- Project 1 – pupils will finalise and complete this project.
- Project 2 – sound design for an audiobook. This will involve planning, implement, recording progress and process, and evaluating in detail.
- Pupils will continue to explore concepts now relating to Musical aspects (rather than technology); this is to continue to inform and inspire their creative process when considering how music can enhance their projects.
- S3 Exam: N4 listening paper
- Project 2 – pupils will now finalise and complete this project.