The school and the local authority work in partnership with the Parent Council, listening to their views and responding to issues raised. Parent Councils make decisions about items such as:
- how their Parent Council will be set up and the constitution
- what it should be called (Parent Council or other name)
- what size it should be, e.g. in a very small primary school, all parents could be involved (no limit on size)
- who should be a member of the Parent Council (majority must be parents)
- how parents can join and support the school
- how they can work together with the school and pupils to support children’s learning
- when the most convenient time is to hold meetings
- what will be discussed at meetings – these might be topics such as Curriculum for Learning – how parents can play an active part in helping the school to take forward Curriculum for Excellence; school uniform, fund-raising; how parents can support children’s learning, helping the school develop guidelines such as anti-bullying, health and wellbeing etc.
However, it should be noted that a Parent Council cannot discuss issues attributed to individual pupils or other parents.
Click here to download our constitution:
The Parent Council can be contacted as follows:
Chairperson Claire Thomson
Vice Chair – Sinead Lavery
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Minutes from previous meetings can be found here: