Home learning 30.3.20

Good morning girls and boys,

I hope you are all well and have managed to enjoy some time outside over the weekend in this lovely weather.

Mrs Graham is missing you lots. I’ve been busy doing lots of boring stuff like cleaning, who else has a mum or dad at home that is tidying everything in sight? Mani has been having lots of fun in the garden even although he is missing his big brother Lubo! At least he manages to still face time every day and Lubo likes to watch videos of Mani at bed time.

This week I would like you to continue with the work set to you in your home learning folder as well as with online games and activities. Remember a good structure for each day might look like this;

• 1 numeracy task (i.e. a worksheet, website game)
  • 1 literacy task (i.e. diary, book review, spelling game)
  • Personal reading (roughly 15-20 minutes)
  • Exercise/fresh air (i.e online exercises, playing in the garden)
  • 1 other activity (i.e art, ICT, music)

Please remember this is only a suggested daily timetable and Mrs Graham understands that each of you is different so please don’t worry if you don’t get it all done. Please see last week’s home learning blog for different activity ideas.

This also has some really good ideas of some online activities to do that spreads across the curriculum.

Given this is the last week before the Easter hols (I know it doesn’t really feel like it) I thought it might be nice to do some easy easter activities at home, I know I will be with Mani! Some that you might want to try could be

-decorating a hard boiled egg as your favourite character.

-decorating an Easter bonnet

-make an Easter card

-Easter egg nest crispy cakes

-Write an Easter story comic strip

-create an Easter egg treasure hunt. Write out some clues that would lead someone to find eggs in your garden or at home. You could save this one for Easter Sunday and I know younger brothers and sisters as well as mums and dads will enjoy this one.

After the Easter holidays Mrs Graham and Mrs Mirner plan to try as best we can to teach you while your at home. This might include giving you new spelling words or new times tables to learn. The work in your folder might run out soon so that’s why we’ll be sure to change it up a bit after the holidays to make sure your still learning and not getting bored!

Mrs McGarvey would love to see lots of what you have been up to so if you have any pictures of you learning at home or just even having fun then please send them to

gw18burnsidephotos@glow.sch.uk with your name and room 6 and we can share them on our social media pages.

In the meantime keep making lots of time for playing, having fun and relaxing during these strange times!

Again if you need anything then just let me know.

Take care always

Mrs Graham x

3 thoughts on “Home learning 30.3.20

1. Hi Mrs Graham

Thank you so much for these suggestions and recommendations! They’re really helpful.

Alfie is missing everyone so much. We walked past school on our walk this morning and it made him really sad 😔. He really enjoyed hearing what you and Mani have been up to and he’s been emailing his friends so I think that helps a bit.

Take care,

Fiona

1. Thanks for getting in touch Fiona! It’s just really rubbish for them and as much as we are all trying to keep things as normal as we can for them it’s just not!! I’m sure the kids will be keeping you busy and I’ll be sure to keep you all posted on Mani’s antics!

Take care
      Mrs Graham x