Our Class Novel

We are reading The Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. So far we have read the first book and we are now on the Second book. The first one we read was called “The Bad Beginning” and the second is called “The Reptile Room”.

Klaus, Sunny and Violet Baudelaire had very bad luck in the book and the film because their Mum and Dad perish in a terrible fire and they have to live with their horrible uncle, Count Olaf. He is very mean and the only thing he wants is the Baudelaire fortune (when their parents perished they left a massive pile of money for the children when they grow up).

Robbie and I have also seen the film version of the book and there are lots of similarities but also some differences. I think it is the most like the book out of all movie adaptations I have seen. I think the movie is better than the book because it is more interesting.

My favourite part of the first book is when the children have to make pasta for Count Olaf and his theatre troop. I liked it because it is the first time you meet his theatre troop and the characters like the hook-handed man are really weird.

The one we like the best is the second book, The Reptile Room.

Have you read any of the books? Comment below if you have!

2 thoughts on “Our Class Novel”