Please read our June Bulletin for up to date information about our school.
The new lunch menu will now be available from August, not Monday 14th June
Please click the link for updated advice on universal testing and mobile testing
Every year we support Renfrewshire Council in the organisation of providing every Primary 7 child with their Young Scot card.
This year in particular it is important that the young people are able to have access to a card as the Scottish Government has announced that all young people will have access to free bus travel with their card later in the year and they have emphasised this as a right for young people. Other benefits of the card include
- Discounts to save young people and families money e.g. 10% off at Co-op stores
• Young Scot Rewards points for positive contributions to communities
• Voluntary proof of age allowing young people to do such things as open bank accounts or buy age restricted goods
• The ability to take part in democratic processes such as participatory budgeting and help decide what worthy local projects should receive funding. Our Council has committed to ensuring young people have a say in how funds are spent.
• Discounted travel for 16,17 and 18-year-old cardholders on buses and trains and eventual free bust travel for all young people
Your child will bring home a consent form today that must be returned to allow them to receive this card. A photographer from Renfrewshire Council will come into the school on Thursday 27/5/21 to take their photograph that will be printed on the card.
More information on about the Young Scot Card can be found by clicking on the following link:
Please click on the link to find out information about Primary 7 Transition to St Andrew’s Academy.
Best Start Grant
The Best Start Grant School Age Payment is a £250 payment made around the time a child normally starts Primary 1.
It is open to people who get tax credits or certain benefits and are a parent or carer of a child born between between 1 March 2016 and 28 February 2017.
People are encouraged to apply online at mygov.scot/beststart or by calling 0800 182 2222
5-Family-Payments-flyerIf eligible you can also apply for Scottish Child Payment and other Best Start Grant payments at the same time.