Good afternoon everyone! The countdown to the end of term is now on. You have just over two weeks left in Primary 5. It really has been a fast year! Please keep reading for a note of your homework and reminders for this week.
Spelling: Lists 4 and 11 should be completed this week. Each word should be written out 3 times in your spelling jotter. Please choose 6 words to use in an uplevelled sentence. As always, you should use ambitious VCOP as much as possible in your writing. Wow me with your great sentences this week.
Reading: Your new core reader was issued on Friday. There will be no written homework as we will continue to complete our comprehension tasks for the core readers in class. As always, if there is any vocabulary you are unsure of, please take a note of it and we will discuss it in class.
Please remember to read aloud to someone at home and try to use expression where needed. This task should be completed for Thursday. Your core reader should be brought to school with you each Thursday to allow you to participate in the class lesson. There are still some of you forgetting to do so.
Personal Reading Challenge: You have 2 weeks to reach the target you set at the beginning of term. Please remember to bring your book to school as this will allow you to read it during our ERIC sessions.
Please remember to record the books in your reading passport as you finish them. The passport is kept in class. Remember this is your record of the number of books you have read so far this term.
Maths: There will be no maths homework this week. However if you wish additional practice of your multiplication tables, please use the links below.
Topic: Your personal project is due this week. Presentations will begin on Thursday 15th June. Remember to use your time wisely. Please click here for all the necessary details.
Assembly: Please ensure you are practicing the song for our assembly at home. Please click here to access the words for the song. Remember you will not have the words on the day! If you have a speaking part, please practice your lines at home.
- Our Open Afternoon is on Tuesday from 1.30pm-2.45pm.
- Due to our assembly practices, P.E. slots will vary over the next few weeks. Please ensure you have a full kit with you every day. We may venture outside (weather permitting) therefore please ensure you have suitable outdoor clothing.
- Questionnaires should be returned to school as soon as possible.
- Report card comment slips should be returned as soon as possible.
- The Summer Reading Challenge has started. If you are interested in taking part, please click here to see all of the relevant details.
See you all tomorrow.