Good afternoon everyone I hope you are enjoying your weekend. I hope you are ready for another busy week which includes our open afternoon! Please continue reading for your homework and reminders.
Spelling: Spelling is slightly different this week. Diamonds and Emeralds please complete your u,ar list in your spelling homework jotter for Thursday (listed under 19.6.17). Please write out your spelling words 3 times using SaCaWaC in the same way as we do in class. Remember that part of this process is to check and correct your spelling words. Any corrections you have from last week should be completed as part of this week’s homework. You should then choose the 6 spelling words you think you can write the best sentences for and write an up-levelled sentence for each of them. This week we are again focusing on using an interesting openers (you can use any type you want this week).
Sapphires – Please revise all of your spelling words from 8.5.17 – 12.5.17 in preparation for your spelling assessment on Friday.
Reading: As assigned by Mrs. Livingstone.
Personal Reading Challenge: Your Personal Reading Challenge continues, there are now only 2 weeks left to reach (or beat!) the target you set yourselves. Please remember to bring your book to school as this will allow you to read it during ERIC time. Remember to keep recording the books you have completed this term in your Reading Passport.
Maths: There is no written maths homework this week, however you can use the links below to practise your tables.
Personal Project: You should now be practising your completed project which you will be presenting to your class mates on Thursday 15th June. The criteria and task sheet for this task can be found here.
Assembly: Please practice the song for our assembly at home. You can find the words here. Remember you will not have the words on the day! If you have a speaking part, please remember to practice your lines at home.
Here are your reminders for this week:
- Our Open Afternoon is on Tuesday from 1.30pm-2.45pm.
- Due to our open afternoon and assembly practices we may be doing our P.E. either in the class or outside. Our days may vary so please you have a full kit with you plus suitable outdoor clothing every day. Also remember to bring a water bottle with you.
- Report card comment slips and parent questionnaires should be returned as soon as possible.
- We will be visiting the library on Thursday 22nd June at 10am. As this is our last visit please remember to bring your library book with you so it can be returned. We already have one volunteer but please could you check if someone at home is available and let me know. Thank you.
- The Summer Reading Challenge has started. If you are interested in taking part, please click here to see all of the relevant details.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.