Good afternoon everyone I hope you are enjoying your weekend even though the weather has been unpredictable. I can not believe we are in June already! Please continue reading for your homework and reminders.
Spelling: Please complete lists a,o or mixed, in your spelling homework jotter for Thursday (listed under 12.6.17 – sorry). Please write out your spelling words 3 times using SaCaWaC in the same way as we do in class. Remember that part of this process is to check and correct your spelling words. Any corrections you have from last week should be completed as part of this week’s homework. You should then choose the 6 spelling words you think you can write the best sentences for and write an up-levelled sentence for each of them. This week we are again focusing on using an interesting opener for each sentence (as discussed in class) and I will be assessing your use of them. However, this does not mean I am not checking for ambitious vocabulary and fantastic connectives too. We are trying to use all of these to make your sentences the best they can be.
Reading: As assigned by Mrs. Livingstone.
Personal Reading Challenge: Your Personal Reading Challenge continues, there are now only 3 weeks left to reach (or beat!) the target you set yourselves. Please remember to bring your book to school as this will allow you to read it during ERIC time. Remember to keep recording the books you have completed this term in your Reading Passport.
Maths: Your homework can be found using the links below. This should be completed in your maths homework jotter and handed in on Thursday.
Please continue to practise your tables with someone at home or by accessing the links provided below, you never know when it will be your turn!
Personal Project: You should now be well on your way with your project. You only have 2 weeks left to complete your project as you will presenting it to your class mates on Thursday 15th June. The criteria and task sheet for this task can be found here.
Here are your reminders for this week:
- P.E. will be on Thursday this week. Please ensure you have a full kit in class and remember to bring a water bottle with you as you will be working hard and you need to stay hydrated.
- Our Titanic trip to the Tall Ship is on Tuesday. Your lunch should be brought in a plastic carrier bag. School uniform should be worn. If you wish you may bring money for the shop (no more than £5 please). If you have not already handed in your trip consent forms and money please ensure they are handed in by Monday 5th June.
- Please remember to bring any empty, clean 2l bottles you may have for one of our Titanic science tasks (8th June). Each group will need 3 clean, plastic bottles so please discuss this with your group members. If you have any extra it would be great if you could also bring these in.
- P5S will continue to hold their Fairtrade Tuck-shop every Wednesday. If you are wanting to buy something, please remember to bring the exact money to school if possible. You can find the item prices here
- Report card comment slips should be returned as soon as possible.
- We will be visiting the library on Thursday 9th June, please remember to bring your library book with you so you can swap it for a new one.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
See you on Monday.