Homework 28.11.17

Well done to all those who handed in their homework on time this week, it was really interesting reading about your hopes and dreams for the future – good job!

This week, our spelling words are:

1. January
  2. February
  3. March
  4. April
  5. May
  6. June
  7. July
  8. August
  9. September
  10. October
  11. November
  12. December

When copying the words into your jotter, please try and join your writing (and remember your capital letters!).

Secondly, read a newspaper article and write a summary in your jotter describing what it was about. Remember I will not have read the article so think about what you would need to tell me in order for me to understand what the article was about.

The article could either be from a printed newspaper or you could use an online article (a good idea would be to look on the BBC Newsround website).

Maths

Well done on your efforts in our Sumdog competition last week, I was keeping an eye on how you were getting on all week and the number of questions that you answered as a class was fabulous!

This week, we have been working on doubles in class. In your jotters, please write out the following questions and answer them below.

1. 4+4
  2. 7+7
  3. 10+10
  4. 13+13
  5. 17+17
  6. 19+19

If you know your doubles then it becomes really easy to answer near doubles questions. Β Using your answers to the questions above, please answer the following questions:

1. 4+3
  2. 6+7
  3. 10+11
  4. 12+13
  5. 18+17
  6. 18+19

As always, you are encouraged to use ActiveLearn and Sumdog.

Topic

As you all know, this week we will be designing and creating Jacobite targes (shields) as part of our topic work. Please research at least two Jacobite weapons. In your jotters, draw a picture of the weapon, label the diagram and then write a short description of the weapon underneath your picture.

Miss Donaldson πŸ™‚