πŸ§™πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Wednesday 24th June ✨

Well Primary 5, this is it – our last day together!Β  Let’s have some fun today.Β  Now, let me think, what could we do that is fun? πŸ€”

…I know – Harry Potter activities! ✨

Let’s be honest, none of you are surprised! πŸ˜‚

Also, don’t feel like you have to complete all of the activities, you will soon see I got a bit carried away!

Activity 1: Sorting Ceremony

Let’s first get you sorted into your houses!

Activity 2: Profile

Great!Β  Now let’s create our Wizard Profile!

First, pick the core of your wand (I’d go for unicorn tail hair myself!). πŸ¦„

Then, select your magic pet.Β  Remember the only three animals you are allowed to take with you to Hogwarts are an owl, cat or toad.Β  This is a tricky one for me – I like how useful owls are for delivering mail but I love my cat so I think I would have to bring her! πŸ¦‰πŸ±πŸΈ

Next, what is your favourite magical beast? Here are some pictures but there are lots more including pygmy puffs, unicorns, centaurs, nifflers, trolls, giants and hippogriffs to name but a few.Β  I would go for a phoenix myself – those healing tears of theirs might come in useful!

After that, chose your animagus (that’s an animal that you can turn into, for example Professor McGonagall turns into a tabby cat whereas Sirius Black turns into a black dog).Β  I would choose a dolphin so I could explore the ocean! 🐬

Lastly, chose your patronus (that’s an animal that you identify with or share personality traits with).Β  I would go for a swallow because they always seem so cheerful and carefree.

Activity 3: Anagrams

Can you match the anagrams on the left with the phrases on the right?

Activity 4: Design a Book Cover

Can you design a new front cover for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets?

Activity 5: Comprehension

Activity 6: Map Directions β¬†οΈβž‘οΈβ¬‡οΈβ¬…οΈ

Activity 7: Wordsearches

Activity 8: Create Your Own School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

This is a fun one!Β  Create your own school of witchcraft and wizardry – you need to plan the name of the school, its location (Hogwarts is in Scotland, Beauxbatons is in France, Durmstrang is somewhere in Northern Europe but they are very secretive as to where and those of you who have seen Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will know that Ilvermorny is inΒ  North-East America), the names of the witches and wizards who founded it, what the school crest would look like, the names, symbols and colours of it’s four houses and the school motto!

Our year together may not have turned out the way we envisioned, but we still had lots of fun along the way.Β  Have a look at some of my favourite moments! πŸ₯°

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

I’m so sad that our time together this year was cut short; you were such a special class and I absolutely loved being your teacher.Β  The following poem sums it up for me perfectly:

Miss Donaldson πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ«πŸŽ

Just kidding – let’s have one last Harry Potter gif to end the year properly. πŸ˜‚

I hope you all have a fantastic summer; I can’t wait to see you all again in August! πŸ‘‹πŸΌβ€οΈ

4 thoughts on “πŸ§™πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Wednesday 24th June ✨”

1. Hi Miss Donaldson. I am a bit confused about the letter I got from the school today about Demii campbell Said she is in the yellow zone but on the sheet that doesn’t specify primary 6. It has p5 on it. I cant get in touch with any1 from the school and I am a bit worried does that mean she isn’t going in to P6 now? It does say that she is group 2 and you are her teacher thanks

1. Hi Stephanie, I hope that you and Demii are well. Demii is in my class next year (hopefully she wasn’t looking forward to getting rid of me!), I have Primary 5/6 instead of a straight Primary 5. Hope that clears up the confusion!
      Miss Donaldson

1. Thank u so much miss Donaldson I really appreciate that I was worried there. Absolutely not Haha. I’m glad ur her teacher again. Stay safe and see u soon xx

1. No problem, everything is much more complicated than normal this year! Tell Demii I’m looking forward to seeing her in August ☺️ Have a great summer!