Hello Summer! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿฅณโ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ‰

Well Primary 5/6 what a year! Iโ€™m so proud of the way that you adapted to the new routines this year and always did your best. I canโ€™t tell you the number of compliments I have heard throughout the year about you all from the other staff around the school; you are such a good bunch and Iโ€™ll miss you so much next year. Youโ€™ll have to promise to stop and chat whenever you see me in the corridors!

When I think of my class of 2021 I think of smiles, jokes and laughter – didnโ€™t we have fun! Enjoy your summer – you have so earned it! I will look forward to seeing you all again in August.

Also, if you catch sight of any butterflies give them a wave – you never know they could be our ones paying you a visit.

Lots of love,

Miss Donaldson ๐Ÿฅฐ๐ŸŒˆ

Friday 18th June

Today’s Countdown to Summer treat was soaking the teachers!ย  Primary 5/6 had a little too much fun throwing sponges at Mr Green, Miss Ferguson and myself!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Miss Donaldsonย  ๐Ÿ™‚

Thursday 17th June

Primary 5/6 had a very exciting time this morning during assembly; we found out that our first ‘Countdown to Summer’ treat is a non-uniform week, beginning on Monday!ย  The children are not required to wear their school uniforms between Monday 21st June-Thursday 24th June, though please be aware that football tops and belly tops are not permitted.ย  I wonder what tomorrow’s treat will be?

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This afternoon we were continuing our learning on internet safety.ย  As part of our lesson, we played a game called Band Runner, and the children asked me to post the link so that they can play it themselves at home, so here it is: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/8_10/

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Have fun!

Miss Donaldson

๐Ÿ–ฅ Tuesday 8th June ๐Ÿ’ป

Recently Primary 5/6 have been learning about online safety.ย  We have learnt what personal information is, and why you must not share it online.ย  Today, we have created posters encouraging others to be mindful with what they are sharing online.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Miss Donaldson ย ๐Ÿฅณ

Monday 7th June ๐Ÿ›

Our class caterpillars have grown so much over the weekend! Here is a picture of what size they were when they arrived:

This is how big they are now!

We are loving seeing them grow, and canโ€™t wait to see them form their chrysalis! ๐Ÿฆ‹

Miss Donaldson ๐ŸŒธ

Friday 21st May ๐Ÿ“

Today in Primary 5/6 we were identifying features of good writing!

Then, we tried to incorporate these examples into our own writing. Primary 5/6 were asked to write a letter from Horrid Henry to one of his friends, explaining why he had been expelled.

There were lots of fantastic letters created, detailing just what Henry had been up to this time! Well done Primary 5/6!

See you on Monday ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿผ
Miss Donaldson