School Car Park Restrictions – All Parents/Carers

I write to ask all parents and carers to follow the clear guidance from North Lanarkshire Council and avoid parking too close to the school when dropping off or picking up children.  All parents/carers are forbidden from using the school car park to drop off and pick up children except in emergencies e.g. accident in school.

This is Council policy which the school is required to enforce as part of the Covid-19 mitigations designed to reduce the risk of virus transmission.

Parking dangerously is leading to significant risks related to congestion, double parking and pupil safety because parents and carers are parking too close to the school . This is also causing major problems to local residents,  a significant number of whom have complained to the school about the matter… including some who are also parents of children at the school.

Regrettably, a significant number of parents and carers have continued to ignore this request about parking and I appeal to all parents and carers once again for your co-operation with this vital request.

**Only school buses and taxis are allowed access to the school car park to drop off or collect children.**

Once again, I ask that all parents and carers take care to park at a safe distance from the school. By doing so you will reduce the risk to all  – yourselves, pupils and local residents.

Please follow the NLC guidelines to maintain safety for the school and the surrounding community.