In St. Timothy’s we wish to create and maintain a pleasant working atmosphere. The relationship between pupils and teacher, is similar to that between a child and his/her own parent, requiring reciprocal respect and consideration. Unlike the home, there are approximately 489 pupils in St. Timothy’s, and as such, rules for safety and protection are paramount.
Expectations of Staff
- Every member of staff must follow the discipline policy.
- Each teacher is responsible for maintaining a pleasant working atmosphere in the classroom – firm but fair.
- Teachers must inform the pupils of her/his expectations.
- Whole school discipline is the responsibility of every member of staff.
- Every member of staff to be treated with respect i.e. janitor, dining staff, office staff, cleaners and all visitors.
- Good behaviour to be rewarded.
Expectations of pupils
- Good manners and courtesy expected.
- Pupils should respond to the directives of any member of staff, teaching and ancillary.
- Respect for – one another, all members of staff, all visitors
Expectations of parents
- Parents are expected to co-operate and support the school.
- Assure children’s punctuality.
- Assist in discipline procedures i.e. sign reflection sheets