About Us

Welcome to St. Timothy’s Primary School.

st_timothys_outside_view

St. Timothy’s Primary School and Nursery Class is situated in Coatbridge. The role is approx 480 in the school including children attending the Phonological Centre, and a total of 90 children in the nursery class.

Our aims are to provide an atmosphere that allows all pupils to benefit from challenge and enjoyment in their learning, experience success, achieve their full potential and become people who make a full contribution to society. Distinctive features of the school include our commitment to the care and welfare of pupils, our inclusive nurturing ethos, our very strong relationships with parents, the leadership of the SMT and the development of teamwork across the school.

The head teacher is supported by one depute head teacher and three principal teachers.

Historical Note

The original school was opened on the 16th August 1966 when Baillie Charlotte Toal on behalf of the Education Committee introduced the first Head Teacher Miss Annie Gallagher to parents, staff and pupils.

The official opening was performed by the Very Rev. Cannon Battel and the Right Reverend Francis Thomson, Bishop of Motherwell on the 21st November 1966 at a dedication ceremony.

Old School 1966-2006 Painting by G Strain

Old School 1966-2006
Painting by G Strain

New buiding 2006 - current day

New buiding 2006 – current day

Head Teachers in the original building:

Annie Gallagher 1966 – 1975
Gerry McFarnon 1976 – 1988
George Kavangh 1989 – 1996
Ann Allan 1996 – 2004 when original building was demolished

St. Timothy’s amalgamated with St. James’ Primary in January 2005 and were accommodated in St. James’ Building till May 2006. The new school was built as part of the PPP programme. The school opened on May 22nd 2006. Bishop Joseph Devine formally opened the school on June 8th 2006. Mrs Ann Allan continued as head teacher.

Head Teachers in the new building:

Ann Allan 2006 – 2015
Colin Forbes 2015 – current day

1. hi my name is angus smith I am 53 years old truck driver from corby I searched for your site on the net as I started my schooling here at st timothys primery back in 1968 and holds a few fond memories for me x

I was born in Coatbridge 2d ellismuir street as part of a family of 9 I still have family living in airdrie back in 1963 the year j.f.k. was shot in America. I am proud to have those memories that all started in the old school and playgrounds area is there any way I could have a copy of the photo of the original building please? yours sincerely mr angus smith x

2. st timothys

st columbas

st patricks

then moved away from the area to live in England with my parents