St. Patrick's Primary, New Stevenston

Primary 4/5 – Monday 1st June 2020

Wednesday 3rd June 2020

Good morning boys and girls!

I hope you are all well. I am enjoying having a look at all the great work you are doing at home!

A few of you have been reading books during lockdown, so I’ve added a Book Review Booklet that you can complete for each book and remember you can post your book reviews on Teams!

I have also added a few other worksheets –Europe Landmarks Reading Comprehension ActivitySpace Facts Skimming and Scanning Activity Sheet, Place Value Booklet, Reflection Symmetry Drawing Maths Challenge Cards, Multiplication Wheels Activity Sheet.

Monday 1st June 2020

Good morning boys and girls!

I hope you have all been enjoying the sunshine!

I have added tasks to Sumdog this week. Well done to The Spinning Tops who were the tables champs last week!

Well done also to everyone who managed to identify the mystery insect – it is a shield bug and I think it is a Hawthorn Shield Bug.

This week, I want you to find out all about bees! I love seeing bees in my garden and I am creating a water station for them. Download all about bees to find out more about bees. Why not create a bee hotel or research how to create a water station but remember to get an adult to help you. Bees are wonderful and we need to look after them but they can still sting! Find out more about bee hotels by watching this Bee Hotel Presentation and if you create a bee hotel, download the Bee Hotel Recording Sheet and post your results on Teams 🙂

I hope you have been able to watch Newsround during lockdown. Why not try this Newsround Task, and remember to post your result on Teams.

Don’t forget you can use Teach Your Monster to Read, Expresso, Studyladder or Oxford Owl and visit P4 BBC Bitesize lessons  and P5 BBC Bitesize lessons  to choose a different lesson each day.

I have enjoyed seeing your pictures on Teams and examples of the work you are doing. I will be on there at different times throughout the day, if you want to ask or show me something.

Missing you all!

Miss Mulvaney 🙂