St. Patrick's Primary, New Stevenston

Primary 4/5 – Monday 18th May 2020

Good morning boys and girls!

I hope you have all had a good weekend. I have been walking the dogs and spending time in my garden.

I am still trying to get close up pictures of different birds to post for our Identify the Bird challenge so keep checking the page regularly. I could have taken a wonderful picture on Saturday, I had just finished cutting my grass when a robin flew quite close to me and stayed for about a minute but I didn’t have my phone or camera with me!  Well done if you correctly guessed that picture 2 is a wood pigeon, this picture was taken from my upstairs window when I spotted it in the tree outside!

We had started to use mindful pausing in our class, so why not download this British Birds Mindfulness Colouring Pages.

Numeracy tasks

I have set tasks on 2D and 3D shapes on Sumdog. You could also try and identify different shapes in your home.

Well done to all who took part in the daily times tables challenge last week – the daily challenge continues this week.

Keep practising your mental maths strategies, download this Addition and Subtraction worksheet. Remember, use your strategy cards to help you and write down your steps if you need to.

Literacy tasks

I have set some spelling and grammar challenges on Sumdog.

I have also uploaded some inference tasks for you to choose from – Inference activity worksheet 1 and Inference activity worksheet 2.

Why not try creating a short story this week? Download this worksheet to help you.

You can also go on Studyladder, Teach your Monster to Read or Expresso. I hope you have been enjoying using the Oxford Owl website, remember the username and password is: stpatsprimaryp4/5.

The daily Angelus challenge continues in the month of May, you can join in online here. Remember to take time for a few moments of Quiet Prayer as well.

Newsround is on each day and you can also visit P4 BBC Bitesize lessons  and P5 BBC Bitesize lessons and choose from different lessons each day.

I’m missing you all, so keep in touch!

Miss Mulvaney 🙂