End of Term

I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to all pupils, parents and staff for welcoming me so warmly to the community of St.Augustine’s. I have had a wonderful term and thoroughly enjoyed getting to know everyone. St.Augustine’s is a wonderful school and it will be a great privilege and honour to be the head teacher as we begin a new school year in August.
This week we had a leavers Mass for our Pr.7 pupils who said a sad farewell to the school after seven years. We wish them every success for the next phase of their school career when they join St.Ambrose.
On our last day of term we said a sad farewell to several staff members who will not return at the beginning of our school term. We wish Mrs.McManus a long, happy and healthy retirement. We wish Miss Cameron, Miss McAlinden and Mrs.O’Neil every success in their new schools.
Next term we are delighted to welcome back Mrs.Gillooly back from maternity leave. We also have several new staff members who will join the staff team in August. Miss Lisa Bell and Mrs.Theresa Elder will join us as new permanent members of staff. We also look forward to welcoming Miss Rachel Burns and Miss Hannah Lester to the school team.
The school staff hope you enjoy your summer holidays and we look forward to seeing you all in August for the start of a very busy school year!!