Orchard Primary & Nursery

Our learning this week, by P.2

I learned about the Planets. The Sun is burning hot. Space food is dry and might need water added. Astronauts have a special suit with cameras, a helmet with oxygen, and a wire and jet packs. By Charlie

I learned about Katie Morag playing pooh sticks. She went to School and went looking for special things about Struay. By Jayden

Astronauts go in a rocket. The rocket uses fire from the bottom to get into Space. I learned about dried space food. By Aaron.

I saw an astronaut going into Space. My reading book this week was called Teeny, Tiny Teena. By Dustin

A dog called Laika was the first living thing to be sent to Space. I made a Road Safety poster too. By Holly

Astronauts have parachutes to get out of the rocket. Also, I am learning to tell the time. By Hope

I told everyone that I have tried space food! I went to America and my Dad got me freeze-dried ice-cream. It was yummy. By Matthew

I have learned that if you took normal food and water with you to Space, it would float out and could make the rocket crash. This is because there is no gravity! I also learned that the 4 planets closest to the Sun are the rocky ones, the 4 furthest away; Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are helium and gas. by Mario

I learned that we all live on Planet Earth. There are lots of different foods to try on Earth. by Chelsie

I learned about numbers up to 20. I painted and made a space balloon (Papier-mache planets). by Jack

When you jump on the moon, you need a jet pack to bring you back down because otherwise you could float away to Space.  I have never been to Space before so I am going to ask my Mum and Dad if I can go to America to go to Space. by Jamie

I liked doing Mr Catman on GoNoodle. We were practising finger tricks. by Filip

A few weeks ago we made papier-mache. It was all gooey with wall paste. It was ‘bleugh’. It was good fun! by Ellie

I like doing Jumpstart Jonny. I like dancing to ‘I like to move it’. by Miley

If you have a baby brother or sister, make sure you take care of them really nicely. I have a baby cousin and I look after him. by Erin