Our Lady of Good Aid Cathedal

After School Clubs

Out of School Hours Learning ~ ‘Come Clubbing @ Cathedral’

In Our Lady of Good Aid Cathedral Primary School, we recognise the importance of raising achievement alongside raising attainment. The Staff of our school, parents and visiting specialists provide a wide variety of Lunchtime and After School Clubs for our pupils. These vary from term to term and pupils will be invited to participate where appropriate. Some of the ‘Come Clubbing @ Cathedral’ activities in the past have included:

Football,  Bird watching, Badminton, ICT

Hairdressing, Athletics, Games, OLGA Olympics

Cross Country, Choir, Cookery, Solo Singing

Our ‘Come Clubbing’ programme was highlighted by HMIe as an example of good practice. The activities often change on a termly basis. Our monthly newsletter and website provide details of all Out of School Hours Learning activities at the start of each term. To ensure ‘safeguarding’ of our pupils, attendances are taken at the start of each club and non-attendance is alerted to parents/carers immediately. Where clubs are over-subscribed, we will endeavour to ensure children are given fair access to opportunities.

1. Hi there,

I was told there are karate classes for children, my girls will be in primary 2 and 3 this coming year and i am hoping to enrol them if possible thanks.

Shama.

• Mrs Ishtiaq, the Karate clubs are run in the evenings, not by the school, but by a Karate club. If you contact the club itself, they should be able to provide more information for you.

Mrs Campbell

2. Hi,
    Can you tell me when the XC trials and possible final are this year?

if you have a location that would be great also.

Thanks
    Chris

3. Do you have a list of clubs running that P1s would be able to attend? I cant seem to find them anywhere on the website. Thanks

• Details of clubs can usually be found in newsletters. Often, letters about clubs come out directly to the pupils. There may not be clubs for all years groups each term though. Hope this helps. Mrs Campbell

4. Our school’s 3-Day Event was good fun and a great laugh! I have also got a bit better at running and exercising. My favourite day was Wednesday and my favourite activity was Sumo-Wrestling.