Old Monkland Primary School & Nursery Class

WHERE EVERY CHILD IS SPECIAL

Primary 3/4 – New Home Learning Grid 8.6.20

Good morning Primary 3/4 and happy Monday!

I cannot believe we only have a few short weeks left of school! I hope you all had a nice weekend. I know the weather wasn’t as good as last week but I still managed to get out my walks and I finished my 4th book since the schools closed! What did you all get up to? I would love to hear!

Home Learning Grids

Your new Home Learning grid and activities can be found below. This is the last one before the Summer break can you believe it?? This Home Learning grid has a ‘Summer’ theme to it so lots of the activities are about Summer things. As normal you will still receive weekly spelling words, Sumdog challenges and Oxford Owl books. Remember the instructions to get on to Oxford Owl and the reading activities to follow the books can be found on our class Teams page. You can still complete activities from the previous Home Learning Grids if you would like to aswell. If you have any questions or if you would like to share how you have been getting on with the Home Learning grids please leave a comment below ๐Ÿ™‚

Home Learning Grid P3-4 version 4

Additon and Subtraction Snakes and Ladders

Amazing Person worksheet

Card Workout

Circles and Triangles Summer Maths Booklet

Make your own Sundial

Sammy Seagull’s Summer Safety Story PowerPoint

Sammy the Seagull safety posters

Squares Summer Maths Booklet

Summer Home Science Experiments

Spellingย 

Here are this weeks spelling words for you. Remember to practise them any way you like! Maybe someone at home could give you a spelling test? Then you could maybe test them too!

Weekly Spelling words 8.6.20

Sumdog

Well done to everyone who took part in the assessment and challenge on Sumdog last week! I was at the St Ambrose Hub on Friday helping out so I did not have the chance to post the winners of these! As you know you had a Times Table and Division Assessment last week so there would be no winners for that but again you all did very well and I can tell you are still practising your times tables! The top 3 children for the Spelling Challenge last week were: Logan R, Robyn and Enya. Well done to you three ๐Ÿ™‚

This week you have another assessment on Time. There are 20 questions so please take your time with each of these. You also have another Spelling Challenge too. Good Luck everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

Oxford Owlย 

I have some new suggestions of books to read on Oxford Owl this week. Please remember to look for your group! If you find another book you would like to read on Oxford Owl that is completely fine too ๐Ÿ™‚ The instructions for getting on to Oxford Owl and the reading activities can be found on our class Teams page!

Blue Group – Double Cross

Red Group – Swamp Crash

Orange Group – Tiger x4

Green Group – Cat’s Painting

Have a nice day, missing you all very much

Miss Marchant ๐Ÿ™‚