Old Monkland Primary School & Nursery Class

WHERE EVERY CHILD IS SPECIAL

Primary 5/6

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend with your families. Yesterday was another warm day! We enjoyed a lovely walk and spent some time out in the garden. Microsoft Teams is a great way for you to post pictures to show me what you have been doing.

This week you have a new Home Learning Grid, Spelling, Sumdog and activities on Newsround.

Capital Letter Spelling – Common Homophones and Confusions

Capital Letter Spelling 8.06.20

Full Stop Spelling – Phoneme ‘ee’

Full Stops Spelling 8.06.20

Commas Spelling – Phoneme ‘ee’

Commas Spelling 8.06.20

Question Mark – Phoneme ‘au’

Question Mark Spelling 8.06.20

Question Mark Phoneme Story ‘au’

You can also try to think of a cool spelling of your own or try spelling them out with daisies or stones or pasta.

Well done to those of you who have completed the Epic Reading. I have assigned a new book called “Platypus: A Century-long Mystery”. Have you enjoyed having a book to read? Remember you can pick different books to read too. You could maybe do a ten minute silent read like what we did in class after our lunch.

On Sumdog, I have set Probability Challenge for Maths and an Adjective Competition. Thank you for participating on the North Lanarkshire Maths Contest. I wonder where we will qualify this week!

Normally, I would make you a Microsoft Quiz but this week for a change Newsround has lots of great resources and quizzes on ‘World Oceans Day’. Today the 8th of June is ‘World Oceans Day’. This is all about protecting the ocean. A healthy planet needs a healthy ocean, but our waters face huge risks from overfishing, climate change, and plastic pollution. Here is the link for Newsround: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/curations/world-oceans-day

These tasks will also be in Microsoft Teams. If you haven’t used Microsoft Teams yet please try your best to get logged in as you are able to message me if you need any support. It is great seeing all of your hard work and catching up with you. I will upload Summer Activities on our last week of school.

This week teachers are returning to school to get everything set up for you returning in August. I will try my best to reply to you as quickly as possible.

Hope you have a great week,

Miss Jones x