Weekly Post From Mrs Wilson 4.5.20

Good Morning Everyone

I hope that you are all well and that you are managing to stay safe and happy with your families.

I am so impressed with everything you have been getting up to and I love checking twitter each day to see the staff message for the day. It was Mrs Cameron today and  it reminded me of how much I miss you all . That could have made me feel sad but I wouldn’t let it so I checked in on the website to see what the teachers have been posting for your tasks and it all looks amazing ! I always knew that learning was fun but this is all so creative and a really good mix with the workbooks and textbooks you took home before we closed.

As well as working hard and staying safe it is really important that you are keeping to a regular sleep pattern. If you stay up too late and then sleep in too long it can make you feel really grumpy and low so try not to do that and it will keep you in a healthier routine.

Another thing that makes you feel more content is spending time with your pet if you have one. This is our cat called Floyd. He is over 20 years old but he is still quite frisky.

Although you might not think so looking at this next photo.

Cooking is still a great way to learn something new while you are keeping safe at home . What you learn just now will be useful for you both now and in years to come. Soup is a great way to make a meal that is healthy and nutritious ( and it lasts for days in the fridge and weeks in the freezer ) Here is a vegetable one and no – you’ve guessed it – it wasn’t me that made it !!!

I learned something new this week when my laptop screen went from this

to this  !!!!

I was so worried that I had lost all my hard work and really worried that I didn’t know how to fix it ! Luckily one of the other head teachers from Bellshill had experienced the same problem a few weeks ago so we did a video link on our phones and she explained to me how to repair it. I was so happy and I have learned that when you are stuck you just need to ask for help because I certainly couldn’t have done this by myself. An enormous thank you to Mrs Hunter from Lawmuir Primary, she gave me the support I needed and now I can help others if they get stuck like I did.

The weather has been lovely so I hope that you have been managing to get out each day for some exercise and making the most of your garden if you are lucky enough to have one. When we were out for our walk look what we came across ! Geese ! I am going to keep my eyes peeled for some more when we go out for our walk this evening

.

Mrs Le Blond has been setting me a great example so our family has decided to grow some potatoes, well actually my daughter has…. She used an old clothes basket to do this and cut a few holes in the bottom for drainage. She is having an online competition with her auntie to see who manages to grow most!

Remember all you need is some  soil and old potatoes that are beginning to sprout. Have a go and let me know how you get on ! I am sticking to my garden pots and my favourite plant, lavender, whose smell always makes me feel calm. It is looking healthy too don’t you think ?

I am missing you all so much but keeping you in my prayers every day. I am thinking particularly of our First Communicants and that this Saturday coming would have been their First Holy Communion Day. Please pray for them as they will be feeling disappointed but ask that God grants them the strength to wait patiently for the time when they will be able to celebrate this sacrament. I can see the teacher posts about May altars so perhaps that would be a special way to mark this time as well as the month of Our Lady.

Boys and girls I need to go now as I have a microsoft teams meeting with some of the teachers to attend .

Update – here we were  at 12.14pm !

I want to leave you with a book by Charlie Macksey called The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse I was looking at over the weekend that made me stop and think. What do those words remind you of ?

Also this last image,

Mrs Le Blond always tells me ” This too shall pass .” and the horse is saying that too. The world may seem a scary and strange place at the moment but this will not be forever. Can you see the rainbow ?

I love you and miss you all,

Stay safe, calm, kind and happy.

God Bless

Mrs Wilson and all the team at Holy Family Xx