Mrs Wilson Weekly Update 27.4.20

Good morning everyone .This is the third of our weekly posts that I am going to put out on the Monday of each week of term time to keep us all connected and let you know what I have been up to. I am going to keep adding in photos so that I can share my activities more easily with you and also because I love seeing the photos you post on twitter too !

Last week was really busy for me as your teachers were all sending me the report cards they have been writing about you all. I usually add my comment by hand when I sign them all off but this time I am having to type them in. It is lovely to read how you have all progressed so far this year even though it makes me sad that we aren’t all together. Maybe if we all say our school vision and values statement at the start of our working time then that would be another way to stay connected and focus our best efforts for the task for that day ?

Holy Family Vision And Values Statement 1

I was lucky enough to be over at school on Friday morning to give out jotters and pencils to anyone who was running low on their supplies and it was really lovely to see so many of our families and those from Mossend Primary  coming to the front gate to collect what they needed and have a chat at the same time. I was over bright and early to set everything up safely. Can you spot my shadow where I am taking the photograph ?

However I was so busy and excited I forgot to take any more photos !  Luckily one clever mum took a photo for me.

I will remember to do that next time we are handing out jotters on week beginning 4.5.20. Mrs Paterson and I are waiting to see which day has the best weather forecast to make sure its not raining and that all the jotters don’t get soggy !

Apart from that I have been taking my children to work as part of National Take Your Child To Work Day. They are the toughest class I have ever had and there are only 3 of them ! Here are the results of the cooking classes they have been doing. I would like to say I taught them how to do this but that would be a fib !

I think they actually did really well but it doesn’t say much about my skills as a cook that they had to teach themselves does it ? I think I had better just stick to teaching …..

They have also been growing plants for the summer baskets but they think it is funny to put them in daft places for a joke. What can I do about these silly people boys and girls ?

I told you last week that I was going to try to read more with my daughter and that at least is going well as we are each half way through our books. The sunny weather helped that along nicely as it is always best to read outdoors.  On some days I took my laptop outside too but if the sun was too bright I needed to come back in again. Can you spot my sunscreen lotion ? You need to make sure you have that on and drink plenty of water if you are outside.

.

Please take care and have a good week at home with your families. I hope the adventures in the Wilson Family have made you smile and realise there is no such thing as a normal family !Do your best to be good tempered and bring a smile to the faces of the people in your home even if you are feeling grumpy. Remember if you smile at someone it is impossible for them not to smile back !

Stay safe, stay happy and spread some love and laughter to those around you.

We love and miss you all

Mrs Wilson and all the team at Holy Family x

One thought on “Mrs Wilson Weekly Update 27.4.20”

1. Lovely to here what you & your family have been up to. Think all the children are learning extra skills.
    Missing the routine of school, & i know the 3 A’s are missing their teachers and friends
    Keep safe & well & pray ww will all see each other soon.