Mrs Wilson Weekly Update 20.4.20

This is the second of our weekly posts I am going to put out on the Monday of each week of term time to keep us all connected and let you know what I have been up to. I have added some photos so that I can share this more easily with you. Here I am with my family on Easter Sunday enjoying our dinner.

I hope you had a lovely, peaceful Easter break and that you found new ways to spend time with your family and relax. It can be tricky when you are all together for a long time and I have had to be very patient with my family too when we are not always agreeing with one another. Sometimes we have just had to agree to disagree and move on from that. It can be frustrating and challenging, have you found that too ? Playing a game can be a good way to move on from that as you can see here..

Normally we would be in assembly just now and talking about our targets for the summer term. Our personal aims will probably be different from what we had expected but it is still important that we set targets for ourselves and keep focused on being the best version of ourselves that we can be. What targets will you set for yourself ?

Remember one or two is plenty, just like we do in our learning journeys each month. I am going to try to read more and have looked out some books for my daughter and I to share. Do you think this will be enough ? I will let you know how we get on …..

I can see from the website all the teachers have been busy setting up your new tasks for the week ahead. Remember you can do some of this, all of it or extra if you are enjoying yourself and your families are ok with that. Remember there is still no right or wrong way to do this working at home. Your families are the ones who will decide what’s best for you and we just want to make sure you are happy and healthy while we can’t be together.

There are so many ways to learn and if by the time you return to school you can make your own bed, set the table, make a sandwich and drink, keep your room tidy and help other people then you will all be superstars to me !( And to your parents and carers I suspect ….)

I was down at the hub with some of our teachers from Holy Family  on Easter Monday and Tuesday so we saw some children from our school which was lovely. Here they are having fun together. Its a good thing they are sisters as you couldn’t do this and keep to the 2 metre rule !! St John Paul 2 have been incredibly kind with sharing their lovely building with all of the Bellshill Community who need their support and it was exciting to work with pupils from other schools during our days there too.

I am so glad the sun is shining today as that will let us all get out for our daily burst of exercise and sunny days always make me feel happy. If you have a garden then you are extra lucky so make the most of that and take your learning outdoors if you can – reading a book is even better in the fresh air !

Take care of yourselves and everyone in your family.

We love and miss you all.

You are so very precious to us so stay home and stay safe so that we can all get back to school together as soon as possible.

Love Mrs Wilson and all the team at Holy Family Primary School.

2 thoughts on “Mrs Wilson Weekly Update 20.4.20”

1. Thanks Mrs Wilson for all your communications and for all the work that is being put on Glow and the website. It is very helpful to have this and gives a focus.
    We’re all well and pray that you and your family stay safe
    Happy Easter 🙏✝️

2. We hope you all had a lovely Easter with your families. Aidan & Amber enjoyed an Easter egg hunt at home & we rolled our eggs too.

Board games are now a daily staple in our house after dinner time, as are Topmarks and the maths factor. We’re all enjoying extra time together, the four of us have been reading more than ever recently!

Aidan & Amber are really missing being at school, seeing their friends and all the staff too. Although, Twitter and emails/blog updates from their teachers have helped them to feel connected to you all!

Hopefully we’ll be out of the other end of this soon.

Take care, be safe.

Love, Aidan & Amber Rooney x