Mrs Wilson Weekly Update 30.3.20

This is the first of the weekly posts I am going to put out on the Monday of each week of term time to keep us all connected and let you know what I have been up to.

I can see from the website all the amazing variety of tasks your teachers are setting. Wow what choices and good fun too, just remember to do what you can. I know how busy your families are working from home too so do your best and don’t worry if your friends are doing more / less than you as it isn’t a competition .

If you have some time think back to your lenten promise which will still be hanging on the tree in our school hall just beside the boat for foodbank donations. Can you remember what you promised ? How are you getting on with that ? Do you remember we spoke about not giving up at our last assembly but about trying afresh every day ? We talked about making a daily act of kindness and how if we all did that every day then that would be 184 kind acts  multiplied by all the days of Lent. What a difference that would make to the world and most certainly to our own families right now, I’m definitely going to try harder with that idea, will you join me ?

Last week I was mostly down at the hub with some key workers’ children coming in for childcare. The children have been from different schools in Bellshill but they have all been amazing and have following their new routine well. They are doing Joe Wicks, the science centre live stream and relax kids / meditation at  the same time every day so they have a familiar daily structure even if  the staff working there are changing all the time.                                                     Last week all the headteachers from the Bellshill locality  worked together (at a 2 metre distance !! ) and we did a lot of planning and preparation work. You may have seen our photos on twitter !            We only found out that the  hub is opening at the weekend too for the children of key workers who need to work on those days so we are taking it in turns to be there. Here are Mrs Paterson and I on Saturday morning.

.

I have now got to work from home  for the next few weeks until it is the Holy Family  turn for the staffing rota so I will be keeping safe at my laptop until then.

Remember  the Easter holidays begin  on Friday at 2.30pm so although you won’t be going away you will be getting a break from school work and will be able to relax for a fortnight.

God bless you all and keep you safe and healthy

I miss you all so much.

Take care of yourselves and your families and stay in, stay safe.

Love Mrs Wilson x

2 thoughts on “Mrs Wilson Weekly Update 30.3.20”

1. You and all the staff at Holy Family take care and thanks for all your hard work ,
    Love Kyle Bailey and family.