Please check with the school to find out the latest dates for Parent Council meetings.
Should you wish to be involved in the Parent Council please contact the school for more details.
In 2007/8 the Scottish Executive decided that the old system of School Boards and Parent Teacher Associations needed to be changed, in order to help parents become more involved in their children’s education and improve relationships with their local school.They recommended that a new group called the Parent Council be set up in each school made up of parents, the head teacher, teaching staff and a representative of the archdiocese who would represent and report to all parents, referred to as the Parent Forum.
The Parent Forum
As a parent of a child at this school you are automatically a member of the Parent Forum. The Parent Forum is composed of all the parents and carers of children at the school.
As a member of the Parent Forum you can expect to:
- get information about what your child is learning
- get information about events and activities at the school
- get advice/help on how you can support your child’s learning
- be told about opportunities to be involved in the school
- have a say in selecting a Parent Council to work on behalf of all parents at the school
- be invited to identify issues for the Parent Council to work on with the school
Greenfaulds High School Parent Council Office Bearers