Review of Day 1

Kilbowie has had good weather and the scenery is beautiful. I slept well and I am now excited to go skiing. The ski slope is outside my room.   I am wrapped up in all my warm clothes.

Dylan McCaskie

I had a good time yesterday.  The bus journey was long but I enjoyed stopping at The Green Welly.  I really enjoyed my dinner, it was Toad in the Hole.

Nathan McAuley

So far I have enjoyed the activities. I enjoyed jumping in the sea and the airport game. I had an ok sleep and I’m looking forward to rock climbing.

Lewis Baird

I’ve been enjoying myself at Kilbowie.  For my first activity we were completing challenges like walking across the rocks in the water. At night I enjoyed the flight game and playing who wants to be a millionaire.

Neve Coughlin

I have enjoyed myself at Kilbowie so far.  For my first activity we were walking along the rocks at the coastal area.  It was really funny as people were pushing each other in.  Then after, we walked into the sea and a walk around the premises.  Then we collected life jackets and jumped off the pier.  I got a shock when James pushed me in.

Yasmin Chau

I have enjoyed myself at Kilbowie.  For my fist activity we were completing a challenge.   Yesterday we had to cross the water and we had to find the safest way to do it.  I used the wall to help me. Then my group and I went a walk up the hills and when we reached the top we got to roll down them.

Kirsty Kane

I had a good time during my first day.  I enjoyed playing in the games room at night.  I’m sharing a room with Stephanie, Taylor and Emma and we all managed to get a good sleep eventually but at first we were a bit excited because it was our first night.

Kirah McFarlane

This morning my group and I went skiing and this afternoon we went climbing.   We went to a beach and learned how to climb up rock faces and also how to abseil down them. I completed all the climbs and I felt proud.

Graham Findlay

My favourite activity today was skiing. When we were learning how to ski we had to start at lower levels of slopes then progress higher.  I managed to ski from the highest point and I felt good as I achieved something I thought I couldn’t do.

Kayla McMillan

Today we went kayaking to some of the other islands around Kilbowie.  On one of the islands we saw highland cows and we jumped off into the sea.   I came back soaking wet!

Mark Rankin

We went kayaking today in the sea and we visited some islands. We went to Kerrera and Heather. I was speeding away ahead and my instructor had to calk me back. I felt kind of powerful in my kayak.

Josh Kennedy

Today my group and I went rock climbing. We had to wear a harness and a helmet.  It was really difficult to climb but eventually we got the hang of it. At the end of it we had to carry out a teamwork challenge to try and get to the top of the hill.

Brodie Young

I really liked the Kayaking today.  I enjoyed going a walk around an island.  I loved the flapjacks that we had during our break.  The scenery was really nice. I felt excited to learn a new skill.

Garv Chand

Today we went skiing and rock climbing. The skiing was really good.  Firstly we had to ski with just one boot then we put both on. Most of us got to ski from the top of the slope and we really enjoyed it.  During rock climbing we started off just walking up with a harness then we eventually worked up to a harder cliff face.

Craig Ross

I really enjoyed it when we went rock climbing.  It was fun when we were abseiling back down.

James Hodgson

2 thoughts on “Review of Day 1”

1. Good to read that your having a great time James , look forward to hearing all about kilbowie when your home . Love mum x

2. Well done on so many posts to your blog. It’s great that you are sharing your experiences with us.