Our News

As you know this week has been Maths Week , and we’ve been learning about timetables and schedules. We have been creating timetables for being the Head Teacher for a week including taking lessons, meetings, etc. We also made a timetable about what we would do out of school . Recently, we have been learning about dates and the calendar. Some of us learned this rhyme :

Thirty days has September,
April, June and November,
All the rest have Thirty-one,
Except February all alone,
With 28 days clear,
And 29 each in leap year.

Also, we have been learning about space. In our Solar System, and the planets are :

Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune.

Just recently we researched constellations. If you didn’t know constellations are groups of stars that create an image, for example Ursa Major and inside Ursa Major there is a smaller cluster of stars called the Big Dipper or the plough. If you draw an imaginary line up from the two stars on the right you see Polaris or the North Star.

Here’s a rhyme to remember the order of the planets :

Leena: My Very Evil Mother Just Swatted Uncles Nose.

Gregor: My Vicious Evil Mother Just Sat Upright Nastily.

By Leena and Gregor.

3 thoughts on “Our News”

1. Looking great P7! I hope you all had a lovely summer and are working hard for Miss Wallace! Missing you all, best of luck for your last year in primary school!

2. Space was a favourite topic of mine at school; I still remember the rhyme I learned from my P6 teacher….My Valarie Eat Many Jam Sandwiches Until Next Party!