Tuesday evening 11.12.12

Daniel R.  “I was the captain during canoeing.  I was epic.  On my canoe were me, Zach, Kieran, Craig but we were also joined to another.  I felt safe it couldn’t tip over and I was wearing my waterproofs and bouynacy aid.  Mrs McIntyre claims that she was the best but she wasn’t.  I really enjoyed chasing sheep on the Island and tasting the Flapjacks.”

Emma – ” Gorge Walking – The Gorge walking was very, very, very cold, we were all freezing.  There were Icicles hanging from everything.  We had a lot of fun, but wouldn’t want to do it again any time soon.  We needed and wanted a hot shower when we got back to heat us up.  I am feeling really tired and a bit sore, but really looking forward to the rest of the week especially Skiing.”

Sarah M. – “Today I went canoeing and Gorge Walking.  I really enjoyed the canoeing but I didn’t really enjoy the Gorge Walking as much.  It was freezing, my wellies were full of water and my whole body felt like an Icicle.  I can’t wait for the activities tomorrow especially Skiing.”

Kirstie – “Today I went Gorge Walking and Canoeing.  Sarah S. PULLED me (by accident) into the freezing river during the Gorge walk, which soaked me to the skin.  I had to take about 3 showers to make the feeling return to my toes.  At canoeing we joined 2 canoes together, and used paddles to steer the canoe.  At the end we got the chance to jump into the water, but I decided not to, although everyone else did even Mr Flannigan.  It was very funny watching everyone floundering about in the water. ”

Sarah S. – ” First we did Gorge Walking, which was freezing.  I was walking along a thin ledge and fell into the water, pulling Kirstie with me.  The water went into my wellies and I couldn’t feel my hands or toes.  I slipped about 100 times, but didn’t hurt myself badly.  We could go under the waterfall but I chose not , Anna , James,  Daniel F. and Mr. Flannigan were crazy enough to go in.  The canoeing was the best because we made a raft and got to row over and explore another Island.  Then we had a short time Kayaking.  Jade and Anna capsized and I was soaked for the 2nd time today as I jumped into the salt water (which tastes disgusting and is freezing)”

Emily – “Today I learned how to Ski.  It was hard at first, as we had to wear heavy boots and Skis.  It is a dry Ski slope, and if you fall it really hurts.  At first we were given certain heights to go up to, a few people made it to the top.  It was really fun and I would highly resommend it.  This morning I went canoeing, we went to Heather Island with Keith (our instructor).  He taught us how to paddle safely.  The water was freezing and my welly boots got a hole in them which kept letting in water.  Thank goodness we were allowed to have a sneaky Flapjack and Juice! ”

Aimee A. – “Today I went canoeing, with Sarah M., Erin, Myles, Emma, Hannah, David, and Andrew.  We canoed to another Island, and we played games on the Island.  It was lots of fun.  We also went Gorge walking through a rocky river (with lots of Icicles) and we climbed over lots of obstacles.  Then Erin, Hannah, Andrew, Myles and I went into the Waterfall.  The water was deep and up to my chest, it was freezing because it is the middle of December.  Myles and Andrew came out because it was too cold, but Erin, Hannah and I stayed in for the longest time.  Erin even lost one of her wellies.”

Aimie O. – ” This morning I went Canoeing to Sugar Cube Island.  We had a sneaky FlapJack and Juice.  After lunch we went to the Dry Ski Slope and learned how to Ski.  There were different levels which meant different heights.  I got to the highest level, and that was the fastest.  It was really fun, but quite cold.  I am really looking forward to Climbing and the Adventure Walk tomorrow.”

4 thoughts on “Tuesday evening 11.12.12”

1. Sounds like you are all having a brilliant time.
    Hope you have all warmed up!
    Love to Emma x
    Neale Julie & Sean Watson

2. It looks like you’re all having a ball. Keep the blogs coming it’s great to read them and the pictures are fantastic xx

3. Hi hannah looks like you are having a great time, we have all been checking the blog to see what you are doing. Love mum,dad and charlie. P.S Your granny liz told me to tell you to have a great time. x

4. You all sound like you are having an amazing adventure!!! I am really enjoying reading your posts. It is cold here too…but we aren’t in the gorge!! Looking forward to more tomorrow..