Our Super Trip to Summerlee

When we arrived, we all got to have a ride on the tram. Kali, Beth, Aimee and Greg all got to sit in the drivers seat! We all thought it was marvelous to experience how our Grans might have got around when they were younger.

Then we went to visit miners row and seen what houses were like in the 50’s and 60’s.

The best part of the day was our amazing workshop all about when Gran went dancing. We danced the YMCA, the twist, and the jive. it was great fun! The girls had to wear beautiful skirts which were perfect for twirling, and the boys had really cool teddy boy jackets to wear…

4 thoughts on “Our Super Trip to Summerlee”

1. The dancing sounds like it would have been my favourite part, I recognise some of these dances! I’ll look out for you practising them 😉 Glad you had lots of fun!

2. Wow Primary 2/3 it looks as though you had a wonderful trip!!! You all look great in your costumes, this was a great end to your topic When Gran was a Girl